【Shakespeare His Life and Works】
@全彩精裝/480頁/開本19.9 x 23.5 cm
@作者： Leslie Dunton-Downer, Alan Riding
""Should one attempt a complete front-to-back reading, the result would be a thorough grounding in Shakespeare's work and an enlarged astonishment at the range of his imagination."
──The New York Times
A comprehensive life and works book of a literary great - William Shakespeare!
The beautifully illustrated guide unravels the life and works of Shakespeare from language, history and themes to plays, poems, and sonnets. Explore the art of this famous playwright and his enduring legacy through the stunning gift format.
Celebrate one of the theatre's most influential contributors through his legendary works of comedy, tragedy, romance, and poetry. Inside the drama book you'll find:
- A clear an accessible format
- Plot summaries of all of 39 plays with lists of characters
- Guidance on how to read and interpret his great sonnets and narrative poems
- Plays ordered by time and genre, helping readers to trace the development of Shakespeare's topics, themes, and artistry
- Sidebars that clarify the mythological, geographical, and historical context of each play and decode its language, dramatic action, and themes
- Illuminated guidance on how to approach reading the play and seeing it perform
Shakespeare fans will revel in the marvellous depiction of the Stratford-upon-Avon-born Bard himself! His drama book allows you to dive into famous works like Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, and A Midsummer Nights Dreams and explore Shakespeare's sources and inspirations for each! Themes, plots, characters, and language are brought to life with act-by-act plot summaries, resumes of main characters, and in-depth analysis of Shakespeare's use of the English language.
Shakespeare: His Life and Works is a wonderful exploration of plays, poems, and sonnets in the context of his life and the Elizabethan and Jacobean theatre further enriching your experience on, on the page, stage, or screen. It's the perfect gift for existing fans of Shakespeare, and anyone looking to find out more about the work of the world's most celebrated playwright.